8-10 Hours per month required
Start Date: 17/08/2022
Love live music? Want to give back? Minty’s Gig Guide CIC is currently looking for a Chair of its board.
The main focus of the Chairperson will be to lead an effective Board and drive its evolution and continuous improvement whilst acting as a sounding board and mentor to the COO.
The board, starting with the Chairperson, is expected to maintain an accurate understanding of the vision and strategy of Minty’s Gig Guide CIC, challenge and enrich it, and to make sure we are always working in a way that reflects upon our values & social aims.
Working within the music industry is not essential at all, but a passion for live music should be a driving factor for your application.
– Lead the Board in looking out for the best interests of Minty’s Gig Guide CIC stakeholders
– Lead Board meetings as Chair, define Board processes and reporting schemes as necessary to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and focus of Board meetings
– Act as a sounding board and mentor to the COO
– Review technology, business, and investment plans and offer advice and help where experience is relevant
– Provide support, guidance, and advice on the growth, diversification, and scaling of the business
– Offer strong commercial acumen and tenacity to ensure that the critical, awkward questions often get asked and answered
– Provide supportive leadership and team building to develop a positive culture
– Provide excellent sales, negotiation and communication (verbal and active listening) skills to the Board.
We are a not-for-profit event information service led by fans, recently forming as a Community Interest Company in October 2021 off the back of a full-time hobby and passion for live music in Wales.
As a guide, as a CIC, we believe that information for live music should be for everyone. With that in mind, we are on a mission to get 100,000 people who live in, work in or visit Wales to a gig that they otherwise might have missed.
We’re made up of a board of people from all different walks of life and different skill sets. We pride ourselves by investing our energy into our 5 core social aims. These are:
To make live music accessible, visible & inclusive to everyone living, working and visiting Wales by:
* presenting an easily digestible yet comprehensive form of event information, bilingually, displayed with parity across a vibrant, colourful canvas from the perspective of a fan.
* advocating, standing up for & helping to protect the cultural fabric of music venues & spaces in Wales and its capital city, whilst adapting to reflect the zeitgeist
* giving platform to people & the volume of diversity in the community; shining light on causes, stories; sharing values & moments that need to be seen and heard.
* functioning as a community owned platform – led by the community, fed by the community reaching for local, regional and visitor engagement.
* openly working alongside other organisations and local authorities to bridge social & cultural gaps in economically disadvantaged & marginalized areas by supporting and sharing opportunities and information